Women's Prize for Fiction
24th April 2018
The Women’s Prize for Fiction has announced their 2018 shortlist. The Prize celebrates excellence, originality and accessibility in writing by women in English from throughout the world.
This year’s shortlist features one previously shortlisted author and three debut novels.
- The Idiot by Elif Batuman
- The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar
- Sight by Jessie Greengrass
- When I Hit You: Or, A Portrait of the Writer as a Young Wife by Meena Kandasamy
- Home Fire by Kamila Shamsie
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward